Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, August 28th

The day didn't start too well; the AC in Jacqui's classroom wasn't working when we got there in the morning. The temperature outside was already in the mid 30's by 7 am, so her room was a little steamy (so was she!). They partially fixed the problem but it's far from being perfect. We can't even use the word cool yet. After school, Jacqui went shopping for school supplies with four other teachers while I went for a walk to a grocery store nearby. The taxi cab that took them back to here used a different route than what we are used to (if I can use that word after 6 days!). They ended up coming home from the side streets and they turned around in circles for a while as we are not used to seeing the building from behind and they couldn't recognize it. But eventually, they all made it back! We're now getting ready for tomorrow which will be our last day of work for this week.

It's Jacqui's turn now .... I have one day left to get ready before the arrival of my students...needless to say, my door is not even decorated, nor is my calendar ready! I am hoping that my EA and I can finish up before the end of the day. However, I am not hopeful, pretty sure I'll be spending part of the day on Saturday at school. That is one thing that is not different than in Canada. I always had to go in on labour day weekend before we started school. Oh well!  It has been very hectic with meetings and just getting used to how things work at a bigger school. Still not used to that! In time. I have not added many entries for our blog, but hope to do so a bit more. Probably not in the near future since  Richard will start with his students only on the 8th, so he'll definitely have more time! I am hoping that by the end of September, I will be a bit more organized and the work load eases a bit. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment