Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8th - Morning blog

Another week gone by. It was kind of nice to get a day off in the middle of it. On Tuesday, I went for a nice long walk along the seaside; it was beautiful. I sat on a bench for a while and looked at the gulf, taking time to reflect on this whole situation, sitting in the sun at 28 degrees, and thinking of all of you back home, probably scraping the frost from your windshields! I must admit I don't miss that part! My week was quiet. We were supposed to have a presentation at school on Thursday morning, only to find out  about 30 minutes before the scheduled time that it was cancelled. I should have expected it; not much here goes according to plan!

My weekend looks pretty busy (sic) : laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning the apartment. Wow, almost looking forward to going back to work on Sunday! (not).

Bad news on the home front. Julie rear-ended a car on Wednesday in Ottawa. Everyone is fine (no injuries), the other car doesn't seem to have too much damage on it but the Honda seems to have taken a beating (front bumper, hood, front fender, radiator, AC?, and maybe more). As I write this, we are still waiting for the adjuster to look at it. Jacqui was planning on going to Ottawa for the weekend, but finally decided to go on Wednesday instead. She'll spent quality time with Julie. They were planning on having dinner with friends on Thursday night. They'll have fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Richard. You are right about scraping the windshield....no more golf, snif snif.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete