Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday, November 2nd - The weekend - Fall has started

It's our first weekend apart, separated by the Atlantic Ocean and some land on each side. Who would've thought? The rest of my week was good. I went out for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday night. Friday was a quiet day, worked on report cards most of the day. Did groceries and ironing on Saturday; real exciting day!

Jacqui saw her doctor on Thursday, did supply teaching on Friday and will continue this coming Monday. She's planning on going to see her mom in Chatham sometime this weekend but I don't know which day since I haven't talked to her yet today (it's still pretty early for people back home!) But I know she's glad to be back in Canada.

Fall has started in Kuwait. Temperatures are now in the mid 20's for our daily highs and in the 15-18 range at night and in the morning. We now get cloudy skies; there's even a 40% chance of thunderstorm for tonight. I still haven't seen rain though. I turn off the AC once in a while in the apartment - you can't let it get too cold as there is almost no way except outside heat to warm it up. There is no furnace in the building but we do have an electric space heater. Not really looking forward to using that, but I guess that it will have to come at one point.

Enjoy your weekend. Mine is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment