Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday, November 27th - Tutoring - first we eat, then we work

Since I have a fair amount of time on my hands after work, I started tutoring a grade 10 student in math (a lot of students in Kuwait  hire tutors to help them with their school work). I worked with him on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I go to his place after school; his driver picks us up at school. When we get there, we eat what looks to me like a full meal (he's still a growing boy, I guess). I've had rice everyday, with chicken or beef on top of it, and salads, and desserts. It's all very tasty! The maids (there are two that work solely in the kitchen and two more who take care of the house) bring us food, juice and water; they bring out more rice after 10 - 15 minutes because the other batch got cold. When we are done eating, we go to the other end of the table (it sits 12 people) and start working on math while the maids clean up the end where we ate and bring tea while we work. When we are done, his father brings me back to my apartment. He's a very nice man and fun to talk to.

Weather wise, I guess it's "very cold", according to the kids at school - ya, it was 12 degrees the other morning (got up to low 20's in the afternoon)! I must say that they find 40 - 45 degrees quite comfortable, while we die from heat, so it's all relative. I've even seen a few people wearing ear muffs!

The end of November means that the start of December isn't very far, which means that Jacqui will be back in Kuwait pretty soon (Monday,the 2nd). And yes, I'm looking forward to it! It'll be nice to be a couple again. Just a few more days to go ...


No comments:

Post a Comment