Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday, October 30th - it's been 3 days

It's been three days since Jacqui went back to Canada. Her flight was fine; she got back to Kitchener/Waterloo on Monday the 28th. She was back at her old school the next day, having a half day of supply teaching, followed by a full day on Wednesday. Her return there was very nice, like going back home (literally). Everyone was very happy to see her.

Here in Kuwait, things are quiet, except my students! Had a fight in class on Monday and a teacher ask me on Tuesday afternoon if I could take the kids to the gym to have them do push-ups or something to burn up a bit of their energy; my answer was obviously "I don't teach those guys at this time of day, and don't plan to, therefore ... not my problem". I must admit that Monday's class with the grade 7's was the worse class I have ever seen in 32 years of teaching. It was mayhem everywhere. I couldn't turn around fast enough to stop every situation; it was really out of control. So yes, they are that bad (at times). Didn't have much fun that day.

As for Jacqui and I, we figure we have about 50 days to be apart before she comes back before Christmas; today is day 3. We'll be fine. What happens after Christmas remains to be seen.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone. It doesn't seem to be a big celebration here in Kuwait. But we do have costume day at school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment