Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sunday, September 21st - Visit to India, Muscat style

Our day at school was fine. We went out at night with a colleague and one of his friends that we had met a couple of times. The guy is from India, from the region of Karnataka (close to Goa) and has lived in Muscat for 17 years. He knows the place pretty much inside out! He took us to a "real" indian restaurant for dinner. It was pretty cool. He ordered all the food as none of us had any idea of what was on the menu. We ended up with some chicken dishes, some rice, a fried vegetable platter and fish, cooked in a banana leaf. We had never seen that before.Everything was very good, and not to spicy (he had inquired with us before ordering). Afterwards, he took us to an indian grocery store. They actually sold just about everything, from food to books to beads that they put on their heads, dresses, pots and pans, a wide variety of incense, etc... I am very glad that this is not my grocery store, as I wouldn't have a clue on how to cook anything in there. It was however very interesting to see. The evening was very insightful, and we got a chance to discover another culture, without having to travel to far!
The restaurant, we could never find this place by ourselves
Part of our meal
The fish is cooked inside the banana leaf

Fish, with some kind of sauce, once the banana leaf is opened

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete