Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wednesday, Aug 27th – Medical Exam

Jacqui and I didn’t go to school today as all the new teachers were going for a medical exam, in order to get our residency. We left the building around 7:15 and drove to a hospital. They did Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, height and weight, eye exam, blood and urine samples, and chest X-Ray. It was very thorough. We got back home around 12:30 pm. Later in the afternoon, we drove to another grocery store, located about 5 km from here. So, obviously, it took about 35 - 40 minutes to get there (about 5 minutes to get back). On the bright side, we had a nice drive all around the edges of Muscat. Unfortunately, the store was not on the edges of Muscat! At the grocery store, we saw some foods that we didn’t have in Kuwait. There were shark steaks and lamb brains that kind of stuck to my mind. The brains were kind of neat to see; see for yourself. Needless to say, we didn’t buy any. We went to a nearby restaurant for dinner but before that, we walked to our neighbourhood hockey rink. It was refreshing to walk into the cool air of a skating rink, when it’s 35 degrees outside! We were surprised to see that we had that so close to us. Kinda cool – literally! 
Epicure is in the Middle East!
The label says it all. Bon appétit!

Shark anyone?

With Stephan (UK) at the skating rink

Waiting for the TimBits to take the ice??

At the Jungle Restaurant

Seafood section at the grocery store; they have a real aquarium at the back

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete