Friday, September 26, 2014

Thursday, September 25th - We have our Omani driver's license

Our week was pretty quiet. We got our Omani driver's license on Monday, which is good as we only had four weeks since we got our residency to get it without having to get it without having a driver's examination. We basically just showed them our Ontario license and they gave us the Omani one. I had curriculum nights on Tuesday and Wednesday - one night for grades 4 to 6 and the other for grades 7 to 12. Luckily, those meetings were held from 3:30 to 4:30 so it didn't take up my whole evenings. We went to the Crowne Plaza after work on Thursday; this might become our little tradition: go for a dip in the pool and a beer by it! We then went out to dinner to the Hyatt Hotel. We had gone there before a few weeks ago but couldn't get in their "nice" restaurant, as I was wearing shorts and that did not meet the dress code that they have. So this time, I wore pants but still couldn't get in as I was wearing sandals. The dress code says no open toe shoes. Everyone in Oman wears sandals, its even part of the "official attire" of Omanis. Omanis can get in with sandals but westerners can't. I should buy a dishdasha and I'd be fine! We went to another restaurant in the hotel; it was very nice as we got to sit outside in a gorgeous setting, and the food was delicious! So all in all, it turned out OK.
View from our table at the Hyatt
In the lobby of the Hyatt

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete