Monday, September 15, 2014

Tuesday, Aug 26th – We have a car!!

School was uneventful. Jacqui worked a bit with her grade 4 team – there’s four teachers of Year 4 on the English side – and I had some nice discussions with my 5 colleagues of the math department, as we don’t have anything else to do since we do not have our schedules yet. Personally, I don’t care; I’ll be ready when the students show up. We left school early to go pick up our car. It’s a Suzuki SX4; it will do the job. I had to fill it up when I picked it up … it was great! I got almost 42 L of super unleaded fuel for 5 Rials, or $ 14.25 CAD; it comes up to $0.34/L. We then drove to a grocery store nearby (a colleague living in our building had walked there earlier this week in 20 minutes); it took us 30 minutes to get there, and about 4 minutes to get back!! Of course we got lost. We must however say that the road system in the Middle East is somewhat different than what we know at home. The grid approach to city roads does not exist. It is often very challenging to go to a business that is on the left hand side of the road, as roads are often made up of divided highways and there is not really a way to turn left. Even when you exit the highway, you’re still stuck on the wrong side of the road. We really rely on the Maps app on the I-phone to find our way. We will get better as time goes by. 
Price of super unleaded fuel (regular is 0.115)

2 comments:

  1. I'm all caught up on the blog! - Sounds like Oman is a nice change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete