Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday, September 7th - The Avenues Mall

Today is my last day before seeing my students at school. From what I hear, the grade 7's are the worst class ever (I have them for math and phys. ed.); they were the worst class last year and the year before, so ... we'll see. I figure I'll be OK as I'll be teaching 2 periods a day (either 120 or 160 minutes/day) and I see each class for a total of 75 times all year ( not that I'm counting but ... I'll let you know when I start!). I've got grade 7 math, grade 8 math, grade 11 math and grade 7 phys. ed. It should be fine.

We went to school this morning. Jacqui worked in her classroom and I met three new high school teachers that just came in on Thursday night. Afterwards, we went to the Avenues Mall. We had lunch and then walked around for a bit. We ended up in the Prestige section of the mall; it was simply amazing. Here are a few pictures of what we saw. We then walked back to Ikea, to where we were getting picked up to return home; it was a 15 - 20 minute walk!
This guy was just "hanging around" (the legs you see belong to the kid next to him)

Grand Avenue in the Mall

Entrance to the Prestige section of the Mall

Bring you Visa card!!

Fountain and dome in the rotunda - pretty impressive

the Fountain in the Prestige section

Yes, I am in a Mall but can't afford to shop in that section of it!

Yep, first one in Kuwait and I don't think they sponsor TimBit hockey!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui and Richard,
    Looks impressive! I have been following your blog everyday. Peter says hi and how is the beach?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worst class as in behaviour or not very intelligent? Either way, I'm sure you'll whip them into shape!

    ReplyDelete