Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday, September 5th - End of week #2

It's the weekend! Good thing 'cause we're both pretty tired. The last two nights haven't really been good sleepwise, and it catches up to us. School was fine. Jacqui has a lot of cute kids in her group while others will soon realize that Ms Jacqui is the boss in that class. Go ahead kid, let's see how long you can cry! As for myself, students will be there Sunday. From what I hear, I don't expect a full class for at least the first week, maybe even longer! Funny thing at work today : I never really worked with a Smartboard before but happened to walk into a classroom where an experienced teacher was giving explanations to a new teacher on how to use it. So I stayed for a while and got some pointers. The only problem was that both of them were speaking arabic! So there I am looking at something unfamiliar and listening to explanations in a language that I don't understand. I still  managed to get more familiar with it (it's that easy to use, I guess).

We went out for dinner in a complex of restaurants called The Spoons. We went to an italian restaurant; it was really good! We went grocery shopping after that (not sure why since we seem to eat out or order in a lot!). We also found a bank where we could use our bank card to withdraw money; a lot of the instant tellers here do not accept our cards as they are not part of the Cirrus network. Visa, however, is not a problem!

I'd like to say that we're looking for a quiet and relaxing weekend, but Jacqui is planning on going to school on Friday and Saturday because she's still not happy with the organization of her classroom. It might make for a short weekend. Oh well, we'll enjoy it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment